JESUS CHRIST and HOLY SPIRIT in Exodus
Hebrew Names of GOD used in Exodus
JESUS CHRIST in Exodus
- Moses is a type of Christ, for he delivers from bondage.
- Aaron serves as a type for Jesus as the High Priest (28:1) making intercession at the altar of incense (30:1).
- The Passover indicates that Jesus is the Lamb of God who was slain for our redemption (12:1–22).
- Moses speaks of the bread of God in two ways, the manna (16:35) and the showbread (25:30).
- Jesus is the Light of the World; in the tabernacle the lampstand serves as a never-failing light (25:31–40).
HOLY SPIRIT in Exodus
- The anointing oil is a type of the Holy Spirit, which is used to prepare worshipers and priests for godly service (27:20) (30:31).
- The fruit of the Holy Spirit is listed in Galatians 5:22, 23. A parallel list can also be found in Exodus 34:6, 7, which lists the attributes of God as being merciful, gracious, longsuffering, good, truthful, and forgiving.
- The most direct references to the Holy Spirit can be found in 31:3–11 and 35:30-36:1, when individuals are empowered by the Holy Spirit to become great artisans.